New Orleans Cuisine

My Creole & Cajun Recipe Page

This is my blog dedicated to New Orleans & Louisiana cooking! I'll give links to great Creole & Cajun recipes and sites, as well as some of my own recipes. I love talkin' New Orleans, food and otherwise! Incidentally, I'm from Detroit. Go Figure. Lets just say I figured out "what it means, to miss New Orleans" and this site helps ease the pain.

[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]
E-Mail Me!
"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."
-Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces
Home

Custom Search

Monday, February 07, 2005

Happy Lundi Gras!


nph-cachecam
Originally uploaded by Danno1.
I wish I could say this picture was from this year, but it was from Mardi Gras 2000. I'm spending this Mardi Gras in sunny Detroit! Damn. It's rough watching the people on the webcam, Everyone pie-eyed, smiles that say: Not a Care In The World. Like the two drunks in the picture. But even the years I don't get to go, it's always nice to know that Mardi Gras is happening in New Orleans. It will be there next year, and the year after that, and the year after that! A nice feeling. Anyway, since I'm missing New Orleans in a big way today, it's Monday so that means Red Beans & Rice! Anyway, to all you folks in New Orleans, Happy Lundi Gras, drink a few hand grenades for me and Tom. By the way, the picture: (Left to right) Guy from Nola.com, Danno, Tom.

The Meters are going on the stereo & the Red Beans are going on the stove....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home