New Orleans Cuisine

My Creole & Cajun Recipe Page

This is my blog dedicated to New Orleans & Louisiana cooking! I'll give links to great Creole & Cajun recipes and sites, as well as some of my own recipes. I love talkin' New Orleans, food and otherwise! Incidentally, I'm from Detroit. Go Figure. Lets just say I figured out "what it means, to miss New Orleans" and this site helps ease the pain.

[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]
E-Mail Me!
"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."
-Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces
Home

Custom Search

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Red Beans & Rice Recipes

Well the red beans turned out great! My wife said they were the best batch yet. The funny thing is, I didn't even use any pork products, blasphemy! Just a smoked turkey drumstick. Split the bone in half to let the marrow out of the corral. The beans came out nice and creamy, just like using a ham bone. Anyway since I'm in a RB&R mood I thought I would give a whole bunch of links to other recipes for you to check out, because that's what I always do. I've never made it the same way twice, it's a work in progress. I love reading new techniques. So here are some links:

Red Beans & Rice Recipe Links
~This is Louis Armstrong's version, well one of them. I've seen others, because like I said above, this dish is a work in progress, maybe the Great Louis was the same way!
~Chuck Taggart from The Gumbo Pages version.
~This page from La Belle Cuisine (which I love) has three versions. One is from a friend of the author, one from Emeril Lagasse, and one from Marcelle Bienvenu. Marcelle Bienvenu is a great food writer from Lafayette, Louisiana. I will do a post on her in the future. I love reading her books and articles.
~This is a brunch dish from Commander's Palace dish that uses Red Beans as a sauce. Eggs Louis Armstrong.
~Tom Fitzmorris, who is a food writer in New Orleans.
~Chef John Folse makes a Red Beans & Rice Gumbo
...more to come...

1 Comments:

Blogger JeannineR said...

I was looking for Louis Armstrong's Red Beans and Rice recipe, and you have a link... well a link that is broken. I am heartbroken! I hope you can fix it...will keep on looking..

ps. I just found your site, and most of the past blog notes are fun and delicious sounding. I'm envisioning Shrimp Po' Boys with a side of Red Beans and Rice...

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home