New Orleans Cuisine

My Creole & Cajun Recipe Page

This is my blog dedicated to New Orleans & Louisiana cooking! I'll give links to great Creole & Cajun recipes and sites, as well as some of my own recipes. I love talkin' New Orleans, food and otherwise! Incidentally, I'm from Detroit. Go Figure. Lets just say I figured out "what it means, to miss New Orleans" and this site helps ease the pain.

[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]
E-Mail Me!
"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."
-Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces
Home

Custom Search

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Take Your Drunken Ass Home


Big Al Carson
Originally uploaded by Danno1.
This isn't exactly about food, but damn, the food and music in N.O. flow from the same spring! If you're going to N.O. check out Big Al Carson at the Funky Pirate/Tropicale Isle! Late last Lundi Gras, I strolled into the Funky Pirate, ordered an Abita Amber and chilled out after a long day of madness. All this after I realized this was THE Big Al Carson! Take Your Drunken Ass Home! You have to go if you go to Bourbon! GREAT Blues! The Big guy plays six nights a week! Damn! He, and his band really are great! Check them out! Hang for all the sets, then Take Your Drunken Ass Home! Here is a link to their album! I don't have any affiliate programs or any type of advertising on this blog, so when I link to something, it's because I like it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Al Carlson is a must see if you find yourself on Bourbon Street! His music is awesome and he keeps his audience moving to blues. My husband & I love him, we bought his CD and we love it. Makes you really miss N.O. when you listen to it! Also great service at the Funky Pirate, be ready to purchase a drink as soon as you arrive. Get there early, the place fills up fast once Al starts his show.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home