New Orleans Cuisine

My Creole & Cajun Recipe Page

This is my blog dedicated to New Orleans & Louisiana cooking! I'll give links to great Creole & Cajun recipes and sites, as well as some of my own recipes. I love talkin' New Orleans, food and otherwise! Incidentally, I'm from Detroit. Go Figure. Lets just say I figured out "what it means, to miss New Orleans" and this site helps ease the pain.

[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]
E-Mail Me!
"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."
-Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces
Home

Custom Search

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Five Favorite (Food) Books

I was tagged by B at Culinary Fool to do the favorite book meme, so here it is:

Number of Cookbooks I've owned: Right now about 86, 25 of these being Creole and/or Cajun. I've owned more cookbooks in the past, which I've donated to the library during moves.

Last book that I bought: Great Restaurants of the World: Commander's Palace

Last (Food) book I read: What Einstein Told His Cook by Robert L. Wolke
Cookbooks: I'm Just Here For The Food by Alton Brown
Bouchon by Thomas Keller

Five Cookbooks that mean a lot to me: I love all of my Cookbooks, I use all of them at least on a weekly basis, not to mention the 10 or so I usually have out from the Library. But here is my list.

1.) Chef Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen
2.) All of Mario Batali's books, Molto Italiano is getting to be one of my faves.
3.)Both Commander's Palace cookbooks, the 1984 by Ella & Dick Brennan, and the 2000 by Ti Adelaide Martin and Jamie Shannon.
4.)The Picayune's Creole Cookbook - A reprint of the 1901 edition with notes from Marcelle Bienvenu
5.)The Joy of Cooking - Always my first resource when I have a question.
I'm cheating:
6.)The Food & Wines of Spain by Penelope Casas
7.)Creole Gumbo and All That Jazz by Howard Mitcham

Which Five People would I most like to see fill this out: (I don't think any of these folks have done this yet.
1.)Jill at Cookies In Heaven
2.)Caryn at Delicious! Delicious!
3.)Chuck Taggart at The Gumbo Pages (Looka!)
4.)Kevin at Seriously Good
5.)Carolyn at 18thC Cuisine
6.)Mario Batali

5 Comments:

Blogger Brenda said...

Hey! If Mario fills this out be sure to let me know! :-)

12:45 PM  
Blogger SantaBarbarian said...

darn you! ;-)

9:24 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Danno,

Tag noted. See http://seriouslygood.kdweeks.com/2005/06/book-of-meme-club.html

Kevin

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, I'm in. Will post soon. Only for you Danno...

10:55 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

This one gave me some cookbooks to buy (I already have the Paul Prudhomme one) and some links to read. Thanks!

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home