New Orleans Cuisine

My Creole & Cajun Recipe Page

This is my blog dedicated to New Orleans & Louisiana cooking! I'll give links to great Creole & Cajun recipes and sites, as well as some of my own recipes. I love talkin' New Orleans, food and otherwise! Incidentally, I'm from Detroit. Go Figure. Lets just say I figured out "what it means, to miss New Orleans" and this site helps ease the pain.

[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]
E-Mail Me!
"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."
-Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces
Home

Custom Search

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

American Red Cross Hurricane Relief

I've been watching the news reports of the devastation, and it's making me sick. The streets of the neighborhoods look like canals with roofs. I still haven't heard from most of my friends from New Orleans, I hope they are alright, and if they are lucky enough to have their lives, their homes may be a different story. I can't imagine losing my home, it's my refuge, my sanctuary. Lets help these folks affected by Hurricane Katrina out, the ones who have lost their sanctuary.

If you are interested in making a contribution to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Relief, here is a link where you can do it! The donations supply hundreds of thousands of victims that were left homeless by Hurricane Katrina with critical necessities.

American Red Cross Contribution Form

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers are with all of those affected by this disaster, especially those in New Orleans, a city I have visited in three ocassions due to the fact that my sister went to school in Hammond. We have some friends in Hammond and people I have met in my trips in NO, I'm so deeply saddened by what I have seen...I really hope the levees' breaches can be fixed and the cleaning efforts can be started as soon as possible, so the reconstruction of the city and the people's lives can begin.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

Thanks to your inspiration, have done the same thing at my blog.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Danno said...

Kiero, I think we are all shocked and devastated by this. I'm heart sick over this enormous tragedy.

That's great Mona, I think we, like most, just feel so helpless. I don't know what else to do. I hope at least some traffic gets to where donations will be made.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

I'm glad to see you're OK.

9:56 PM  
Blogger SantaBarbarian said...

I challenge other food bloggers to give aid to those who worked in the food industry and made New Orleans so flavorful:

New Orleans Hospitality Workers Disaster Relief Fund A fund has been established to benefit employees of the hospitality industry of the Greater New Orleans area who have experienced hardships because of the devastation caused by Hurricane Katrina. Contributions may be sent to:

New Orleans Hospitality Workers Disaster Relief Fund
Greater Houston Community Foundation
4550 Post Oak Place, Suite 100
Houston, TX 77027
Call 713-333-2200 for additional information

http://www.commanderspalace.com/new_orleans/index.php

10:59 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I hope you find all of your friends. This is all so sad.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home