New Orleans Cuisine

My Creole & Cajun Recipe Page

This is my blog dedicated to New Orleans & Louisiana cooking! I'll give links to great Creole & Cajun recipes and sites, as well as some of my own recipes. I love talkin' New Orleans, food and otherwise! Incidentally, I'm from Detroit. Go Figure. Lets just say I figured out "what it means, to miss New Orleans" and this site helps ease the pain.

[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]
E-Mail Me!
"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."
-Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces
Home

Custom Search

Thursday, April 28, 2005

New Orleans Cuisine - Shrimp Victoria

Yesterday I made the Brennan's classic Shrimp Victoria. The two key ingredients in this recipe, besides good quality Shrimp, are Fresh Basil, and Sour Cream which adds a nice tang to the dish. This is great to serve over Rice or Pasta. Here is my version:

New Orleans Cuisine Recipe - Shrimp Victoria

1 lb Peeled and Deveined Shrimp (I use Wild-Caught Louisiana)
1/4 stick Unsalted Butter
1/8 Cup Thinly sliced Green Onions
1/8 Cup Finely Chopped Fresh Basil
1/4 Cup White Mushrooms Thinly Sliced
2 oz Dry White Wine
2 oz Heavy Cream
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt or to taste
Pinch of White Pepper
Pinch of Cayenne
1 tsp Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tbsp White Roux (Equal parts Unsalted Butter and Flour, cooked together for 1-2 minutes)
2 oz Sour Cream

Melt the butter in a saute pan, add the Green Onions, Mushrooms, Basil, and Shrimp. Saute until the shrimp just start to turn pink. Add the white wine and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the Heavy Cream, Worcestershire and seasonings. Add the Roux, cook for 1-2 minutes more. Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream, adjust the seasonings if necessary, serve immediately. Brennan's serves this over parsley rice, it goes well over pasta also.

Serves 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home