New Orleans Cuisine

My Creole & Cajun Recipe Page

This is my blog dedicated to New Orleans & Louisiana cooking! I'll give links to great Creole & Cajun recipes and sites, as well as some of my own recipes. I love talkin' New Orleans, food and otherwise! Incidentally, I'm from Detroit. Go Figure. Lets just say I figured out "what it means, to miss New Orleans" and this site helps ease the pain.

[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]
E-Mail Me!
"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."
-Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces
Home

Custom Search

Thursday, April 21, 2005

A 1975 Article about Brennan's by Patricia B. Mitchell

I found this article about Brennan's circa 1975 that I thought I would pass along, which is an interview with the General Manager at the time David Wilson. When asked what the two most popular lunch dishes are at Brennan's, he replies Shrimp Victoria and Shrimp Creole Agnew, as in Spiro. I love the old pictures, most of all the truck parked in front of the restaurant loaded with bags, all stuffed with New Orleans French Loaves. Brennan's isn't quite as busy as it once was, but it's still a great Old Guard Creole Restaurant. If you've never been to Brennan's, it's great to go at least once, if just to dine at such a landmark of New Orleans Cuisine. If the choice is between Brennan's and say Commander's Palace however; that is a different story.

Also check out the rest of her Food History Food Notes section, which features food history topics and articles similar to the one about Brennan's, also Galatoire's, Antoine's, and Marti's. That is just the Louisiana section, many other states are featured. This is a great site!

1 Comments:

Blogger SantaBarbarian said...

great link! Thanks! Amazing how much has changed...and yet how much has stayed the same.

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home