New Orleans Cuisine

My Creole & Cajun Recipe Page

This is my blog dedicated to New Orleans & Louisiana cooking! I'll give links to great Creole & Cajun recipes and sites, as well as some of my own recipes. I love talkin' New Orleans, food and otherwise! Incidentally, I'm from Detroit. Go Figure. Lets just say I figured out "what it means, to miss New Orleans" and this site helps ease the pain.

[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]
E-Mail Me!
"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."
-Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces
Home

Custom Search

Sunday, April 24, 2005

A Great Post at The Wreckroom

Check out this great post! I met Sleepbomb through blogville and I have frequented his site The Wreckroom ever since, little did I know his father was Freddie Assunto of The Dukes of Dixieland, who passed away in 1966. I have some recordings of them with Louis Armstrong, his father was a fantastic Trombonist and showman! Anyway, read the story, this post is part of what makes the internet great, I love to hear people's stories.

3 Comments:

Blogger sleepybomb said...

thanks for the wonderful words danno.
the offer for next jazz fest still stands, i'll buy the fixins if you do the cookin.
i owe ya big time!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Danno said...

Thanks also for your kind words on my guestbook, and for your comments! I hope I get down for next Jazzfest, if I do, I might just take you up on that offer. Thanks for the great article and for steering me to take a closer look at The Dukes of Dixieland, The Sullivan vid just blew my mind! It's nice to find such an interesting person that has similar interests. Keep up the great writing at The Wreckroom!

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Beef Recipes said...

Hi nice rreading your blog

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home