New Orleans Cuisine

My Creole & Cajun Recipe Page

This is my blog dedicated to New Orleans & Louisiana cooking! I'll give links to great Creole & Cajun recipes and sites, as well as some of my own recipes. I love talkin' New Orleans, food and otherwise! Incidentally, I'm from Detroit. Go Figure. Lets just say I figured out "what it means, to miss New Orleans" and this site helps ease the pain.

[View Guestbook] [Sign Guestbook]
E-Mail Me!
"Leaving New Orleans also frightened me considerably. Outside of the city limits the heart of darkness, the true wasteland begins."
-Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces
Home

Custom Search

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival 2005 Food List

For those of you lucky enough to be at Jazzfest this year, here is the list of food vendors. Here are just a few of the performers I would love to see: The Original Meters Reunion, Tribute to Howlin Wolf (Hubert Sumlin, damn I wanna go), Jelly Roll Morton Ensembles, B.B. King, Buddy Guy (where do I tell my wife I've been from 4/22 - 5/1?), Neville Brothers, Leah Chase, Pete Fountain, Dukes of Dixieland (I'm mentally thinking of what I absolutely need when packing my bags), Buckwheat Zydeco, Dr. John, and BeauSoleil. If anyone knows the safest parking lot to park and sleep, without being noticed, email me.

Full listing of Performers Jazzfest 2005

Also, New Post to Cook's Journal

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danno, you MUST go! And sample all those amazing foods that remind me of when I lived in Memphis. And most importantly, bring back some recipes for us!!!

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This festival has been on my list of "things to do" for so many years! I can't believe I'm going to miss another year. Maybe I should start planning for next year now... :-)

9:34 PM  
Blogger sleepybomb said...

aww man, why did you post that? i am so homesick, and looking of the list of food is heartbreaking.
i went to, (or worked), every jazz fest from 1970 - 2000. i remember when it was just fried chicken and ice tea.
my alltime faves are the crawfish monica, softshell crab po-poys and jambalaya, gumbo, artichoke soup . . . whoo-wee!
no matter what they say, it really doesn't matter who is playing, the locals really go for the food.
this will be the 4th one i have missed, but next year i'll put ya up in the wreckhouse.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home